How do I get a Certificate of Residency for HVCC?

An application for a Certificate of Residency is available online, here, as a MS Word document and as a Adobe Acrobat PDF file.

You must provide documentation that you have resided in the State of New York for one (1) year and the Town of Schodack for six (6) months.  Usually, your driver's license will satisfy both these requirements.   However, in the event that you have moved, lived in a different town or county, or have a driver's license that does not meet the above criteria, further documentation must be provided.  Examples of proof are: pay stubs with your current address, utility bills, lease, etc. that prove that you have lived at the current Schodack address for the last six (6) months.

If you do not have any of the above, contact the Clerk's Office for assistance.  There is no fee associated with obtaining a Certificate of Residency.