Below are some suggestions for a safe and happy camp season:
- Please adhere to all drop off and pick up times. There is no supervision before or after camp. Grades K-3 run from 9:15 am – 2:15 pm, and grades 4-8 run from 9:30 am – 2:30 pm.
- All campers must be walked into the building to the appropriate counselor.
- Please dress campers according to weather. Remember to apply sunscreen before camp. You may want to put extra in your camper’s backpack.
- All campers must bring a lunch and drink. We do not have access to refrigerators, so please add a cold pack to each lunch. Also, remember to send your child with extra water, camp can be hot.
- Label all belongings. Refrain from wearing jewelry or other items that may get lost or stolen. Do not bring personal toys/games to camp unless arrangements have been made with the Site Director.
- Send your child to camp with a bathing suit on and sunscreen applied. Please be sure your child has a swim suit with them EVERY day. Even if the site does not swim, there may be water activities. All campers will be given time to change into dry clothes after swimming.
- Please direct all bus questions to Transportation Director, Sarah Lussier, at 331-4155. All bus routes and times were included in the application. If your child will not be on the bus on a certain day, or you have a specific change for a day, please call Tracey Roehr between 8:00 am and 8:30 am to let her know. This helps with accountability for campers.
- Please keep the information sheet with phone numbers throughout the camp season. These numbers are the best way to contact your Site director. You can also check the Town of Schodack website for any changes that may arise.
If you register your child for camp by June 1st he/she will be admitted to camp. A schedule, telephone numbers, and monthly calendar will come home with your child on the first day of camp, as well as posted to the website when they become available. You will not receive any additional paperwork through the mail.