Animal Control Officer is responsible to perform routine enforcement work in the control, care, custody and dispersion of strays and insure compliance with Town ordinances pertaining to animal control.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responds to resident complaints regarding animals.
• Picks up injured dogs
• As necessary, inspects licenses and vaccination certificates.
• Institutes quarantines in bite cases.
• Investigates complaints concerning the treatment of animals or noncompliance with animal control ordinances.
• Prepares cases and appears in court in legal action to represent the Town.