Homes and Districts in the Town of Schodack on The New York State and National Register of Historic Places
The town of Schodack has six houses and districts that appear on the New York State and National Registers of Historic Places. Application for placement on the Registers is reserved for those properties that are significant in American history, architecture, archeology, engineering and culture. These properties are associated with important historical events, persons or represent the distinctive characteristics of a particular historical period.
Listed in 2000. This historic home at 1368 Sunset Road was built in the Greek Revival Style around 1850 and enlarged in 1915.
Joachim Staats House and Gerret Staats Ruin
Listed in 1978 and located north of Castleton-on-Hudson on Papscanee Island. The Joachim Staats House was built around 1700 with additions in 1790 and 1880.
District School No. 3 (Clove Road School)
Listed in 1978. This historic brick one-room school building was built in 1870 in the Italianate Style.
Schodack Landing Historic District
Listed in 2004 and contains 86 buildings along Route 9J in Schodack Landing. The district contains many buildings from the 18th to early 20th century in the Greek Revival and Italianate Style.
Listed in 2001. This historic farm complex at 2567 Brookview Road contains a farmhouse built in 1830 and later modified to include Greek Revival style architecture.
Muitzeskill Historic District
Listed in 1974 and contains an irregular pattern on both sides of Schodack Landing Road with 23 buildings including several residential buildings in the 18th and 19th century Greek Revival Style. The visual focus of the District is the Reformed Church of Schodack built in 1876.